Thursday, August 21, 2008

Goooooopid

Uh, what?  Why would I want to slash heroes?  Google suggests this whether I spell it "zeroes" or "zeros." 

I was looking for a quote I heard in a TED.com video, but apparently no one's quoted it in a blog.  I can't remember exactly how it goes, but they were talking about a city that had been doing regionally themed parks... Chinese, Russian, etc.  But after awhile, they realized that they were spending way too much money.  So would continue to allow people to put in proposals, but they were budgeting far less for the development of the parks.  But they said they were getting better quality parks that were more original and the quote was something along the lines of "Creativity flourishes when you begin slashing zeros from the budget." I thought it was a great quote and so was trying to find out who said it, but alas.  Don't know why Google would want me to slash heroes.  That's just wrong.

No comments: