Saturday, May 29, 2004

Life Is Good

It's 12:30 am and I'm sitting on my front porch using the laptop over the wireless connection. The sprinkler is going and it seems like it's trying to rain. Just a fine mist coming down from the sky. Still no baby, but we have a long weekend to relax. Maybe baby, maybe not.

The neighborhood is quiet, only the occasional car, none of them with the awfully loud thumping stereos that we often get earlier in the day. The sky is overcast, so it's really light out. On top of that, we're fortunate to have a street light at the end of the property and I've turned on the porch and walkway lights, so it's well lit out here.

The front door is opened the slightest amount so that the alarm system doesn't chime when I go in and out (Lori is in bed already) and I can hear the cats running around. No growling or hissing, they're not harassing each other for once.

It's nice just to sit here quietly. Peaceful.

No comments: