Notes captured into Evernote from a sermon, undated
4 reasons sheep struggle to lie down
Grass is greener on the other side
* When sheep are tense they cannot rest because they are on alert
* What causes sheep to be less fearful? (The shepherd)
* Contention and jealousy exists between sheep and is detrimental to the flock
* what calms them? (The shepherd)
3) aggravation (flies)
* We are all bound to a life of "being bugged"
* prayer and the Holy Spirit can help
* Practical steps can help too
* Sheep cannot rest if they are hungry
* Bethlehem was a wasteland. Green pastures don't happen by accident.
* God is always at work trying to help his people experience plentiful lives.
* What has the good shepherd done for you?
* Sometimes he had to break rocks, sow seeds, water, till the land
He sees the end from the beginning.
Thirst - caused by a lack of water - can only be quenched by an outside source. (We cannot make ourselves less-thirsty.)
introspection technology entertainment-books and magazines sift work diet/exercise video funny cars worth repeating Christianity/church ideas and creativity bad company transit and development advertising / branding / marketing email music unclutter random food entertainment-television Google by-week 750 Starbucks 120 family #blogaday cool coffee parenting L.A. leadership architecture entertainment-movies environment Christmas Apple Seattle autism atad entertainment photos art and design weather politics by-year geography identity rain social Amazon home improvement travel Disney by-month money snow charity dream Lego how to vacation awful conference crime simplify children AT&T LOST news sports education fashion clueless improvement links no-bars-blog 2013 NASA NBC GTD fail good company holiday nostalgia trust30 war 2014 empowerment journalism legal picky power powerless quoted Cuba Lori ^revisit cord-cutting focus great day inspirational radio Federal Way McDonalds Rachel Tacoma medical videoblog Boeing Microsoft Wal*mart art buffy conspiracy culture laundry sellout web 2015 PLU customer service fool review robots and drones