Friday, April 10, 2015

My job situation

So, a quick update.

Some of you have been asking why I'm looking for work and didn't I just start a new role? The answer is a rather simple one and a bit of a bummer. Shortly after my position was eliminated with the company I'd been working with for eight years, a consulting firm company came calling, asked me to take a look at several positions and indicate which one I wanted to be considered for. A few phone calls later, I was placed with a great company. In a previous role, I had actually been a customer of this company in a self-service fashion. The role I found myself in was in their Professional Services group - for people who wanted to use the product but didn't want to operate it themselves. So, I got to work with some big clients and help them be successful with the product. Unfortunately, the company was going through a bit of... I don't want to say turbulence or upheaval... adjustment? maybe... anyhow, the company was in the process of being acquired. I was able to come in and help out, but when the contract term was up, there wasn't an option for them to increase headcount. So, the role is ending soon. It's been a lot of fun, and I'd go back to this company and work with these clients again in a heartbeat, if they'd have me.

But for the moment, I'm back to wondering what my next opportunity will be. I'm trying not to be anxious because I know there are a lot of great opportunities out there and it's just a matter of finding the right one. I'm applying for jobs, reaching out to friends and colleagues and doing a lot of praying. At the same time, I'm working hard to make sure that I finish well, that my successor (an existing employee who's having to transition some of her work to someone else so that she can take on my workload) is equipped to be successful and so that the the great people I worked with at the company and the client and the agency remember me fondly.

And if you, dear reader, can connect me with recruiters, hiring managers or other opportunities you might know of, I'd be quite grateful. And if you're hiring, come find me on LinkedIn. I might be exactly who you're looking for.


No comments: