Friday, March 03, 2006

Here Comes the Rain Again...

Today is shaping up to be a great day. I drove by myself today in my own car (usually we carpool in Lori's car, and when we would drive separately, I'd still have to take Lori's car since it has the carseat and my work is closer to Rachel's ex-daycare.). I got to drive fast on some empty roads, too.

And it was pouring down rain. Since it was raining and I was driving by myself, there was no point in even going near the freeways or nearby parallel streets, so I stayed south, venturing into San Marino. San Marino is designed to frustrate drivers so that non-residents won't go into the neighborhood unless they have a reason to. But with my brand new GPS, I had a reason to. I had it direct me to a Starbucks I'd never been to. Parked next to a Bentley, got out and strode to the Starbucks in the pouring rain wearing my trench coat (don't get to wear it much down here) and ordered myself a Venti Marble Mocha Macciato, a new drink I'd never tried before but really like. Back into the car, the classical music up, being a little bummed that on our last trip up I had discovered that Seattle's classical station was gone. I didn't think about it long because it was more fast driving on empty roads and fun confusing the GPS and making not going where it was telling me to, so it'd have to re-route me.

Get to work, get my favorite doughnut from the Friday doughnut box, sit down at my desk and go online to look for music only to discover that I mis-remembered the station in Seattle where the classical music was, and that it was still on the air and that it actually streams on the internet.

So here I sit, on my last day of work, in a very quiet office, with my Starbucks, my doughnut and some Seattle music while it pours outside. Yesterday I paid off all the credit cards and today I'll pay off Lori's car. Later today they're having what sounds like is a big production for my surprise going away party.

Yes, it's going to be a great day. (I saw a little thing the other day I liked... it said 'Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.')

No comments: