Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Goodbye Kiefer, Hello Tom



In college, I was pretty regularly described as resembling a "young Kiefer Sutherland." With today's addition, I feel the look is now really much more like Tom Arnold. I'm told it's distinguished, but... glasses? I do realize it was entirely inevitable, I was the only one in my family who didn't have them. And the only reason I have them now is that I didn't think it was fair that Lori could spot freeway onramp signs so much sooner than I. So, with my job about to end, I decided to take advantage of my vision plan and have my eyes checked. The news wasn't too bad, 20/25. But the doctor said that he could fit me for some glasses to help me, I'd be ok without them, but I could get them to have on hand for driving at night. But let me tell you... I feel like I've been ripped off all this time. I really haven't had any of the side-effects since I've been wearing them and I don't want to take them off. Everything is so much crisper. Whites are whiter, text that I thought was perfectly clear is now amazingly clear and cruzzy (a word I made up)) when viewed without them. I thought stuff looked good, but then I put these on and it's like I have superpowers. And this isn't even full-strength.

Oh, and I was mentioning my job coming to an end soon. You probably also noticed the oh-so-common white earphones. They plug into the new 60 gig iPod video which was a gift from my bosses.

Alternative title #1: Old and Hip (nixed after I realized that you'd automatically think of the word "replacement")
Alternative title #2: Fogeys 2 (would require you to be a regular reader to my blog to understand)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After watching eight episodes of "24", allow me to state Mr. Sutherland is a bigger dork than Mr. Arnold, and that's saying quite a bit. He reminds me of Bill Pullman in "Independence Day," when he tried to mimic the gravelly, intense voice of co-star Robert Loggia. The whole time I kept thinking, "hey, you're that dude from Spaceballs."

Speaking as someone who still traces his hair loss by Phil Collins album covers (I'm nearing the end of "But Seriously," I'm sad to say), it doesn't do anybody any good to campare one's self to an actor. Though, if you must know, I always saw you as a younger Ed Begley Jr, but without his pointy nose. Take that for whatever it's worth.