Tuesday, November 06, 2001

Well, day 2. Gotta say I'm glad I don't normally have an excessive commute. Tonight I drove 10 miles in 12 minutes. Then I drove another 20 miles in 80 minutes. *sigh* I was mostly ok, until I got stuck amidst a bunch of stupid trucks. They should be banned from the roadway during rush hour. It seems like it would benefit everyone. To be sure, that's an incredibly simplistic viewpoint and would really torque off truck drivers. Any truck drivers out there?

I'm watching a news report on TV about a truck tracking system. It tracks big rigs and now they're making it so that if you disable it, it disables the truck. I'm sure that wouldn't stop anyone really determined, but it's pretty interesting.

Today was abnormal so I didn't follow the same tech news or even regular news, so no news links yet to paste to. Lunch was also detrimental to my diet and I was so tired when I got home that I didn't do any exercise. I think I'm going to go lift a little bit, but that's going to be the extent of my exercise.

Mercedes has a commercial where kids sing "Happy Fun Land." I think that Steven Spielberg should sue, because in Tiny Toons' "How I Spent My Summer Vacation," Hampton and Plucky go to Happy Fan Land.

And Sprint PCS... they have a commercial where a family wants to go to Steamboat Springs but due to static on their cellular phone, they end up in Palm Springs. Do they make the best of it? Noo... they try to make snow angels in the sand and trundle around in full snow gear. Silly people. Of course, having had a Sprint PCS phone, I know the conversation with the travel agent would have gone more like "Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now?" BEEP BEEP BEEP.Then you redial and if it goes through they hear something like "Hi ..... z .... can .... kets .... spree ..." Sorry, but I'll take static anyday over that horrible cutting out effect. Although I have Verizon so I don't have cut outs or static. Besides, what kind of idiots are these family? Did they not check their tickets? Did they not hear the airline announcements and question that maybe they're on the wrong plane? And who, when they find out they're in sun instead of snow bemoan it? Silly, silly people.

Ok, time to go lift.

No comments: