Friday, February 22, 2008

Just Walk Away

I am really behind on updating this blog. I should be caught up soon and have everything updated. (I've been keeping track.)

But I wanted to write about something I've noticed recently. A guy in my group keeps a jar of candy on his desk. Some days I will go the entire day without getting any candy. But as I'm shutting down, or going to the restroom at the end of the day, I will think about the candy and I will actually argue with myself about whether or not I should have any candy. And usually it's a matter of simply walking past his cubicle twice without going inside and getting some candy. I cannot understand why this is even an argument. It should be pretty plain and simple. Just walk away.

And yet, I'm finding that so difficult.

It's no wonder that I now weigh the same weight I did at the beginning of the year. (I've been able to successfully walk away lately, but there have been some other factors. Though I can't really think of any right now. Just a major plateau apparently. And not good enough weather for lots of walks. And trouble getting up in the morning to exercise before work.) (moved from The Year was 2008)

No comments: