Thursday, October 12, 2006

Interesting Evening

"Have an interesting evening," she told me.

A rather odd statement for someone working the graveyard shift at a bank. Judging from her accent, she was probably on this coast and that, plus the fact that we had talked about my daughter, she should have known my evening was pretty much over.

"Have an interesting evening." Not a good one, or a great one, but an interesting one. That kind of bugs me. Interesting doesn't equal positive. Interesting can be bad.

In this case, I don't expect what's left to be interesting. I'll do some more work on here to get more money moved around and then I'll go read a book for a few minutes and then go to bed. It won't be interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is an ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times." It sounds like your lady at the bank was cursing you. I'd sue, if I were you.

James said...

She probably saw that one of the accounts in question I had just recently transferred all but a penny out of and then initiated a transfer to another bank of an equal amount. The game is afoot.

Anonymous said...

There is an ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times." It sounds like your lady at the bank was cursing you. I'd sue, if I were you.