Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Trouble With Kids

When you have kids, you're expected to act like an adult. Or at least you feel like you should. But, I'm sorry. It's snowing big, huge fluffy flakes. And I've had Jingle Bells by the Barenaked Ladies* on repeat as I jump up and down like a hyperactive child who found a stash of halloween candy. The good thing is that Rachel is happy to jump up and down with me in pure, sheer joy.

*Lori picked up "Barenaked for the Holidays" a few weeks ago. I wouldn't have thought to grab it, but it's a great listen.

4 comments:

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Oops, one additional fact. I was singing the song as loud as I could at the same time. Not for Rachel's amusement, though she did like it.

Unknown said...

I like that CD, too, but there are a lot of short tracks that I found annoying (like the Crosby Stills Nash & Young song). It is better on an mp3 player where I can delete the songs I don't want.

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Oh, yeah, that's what I meant. Lori will make her own CDs from iTunes, but mostly we just listen to iTunes/iPod.

KEVIN МАРУСЕК said...

I like that CD, too, but there are a lot of short tracks that I found annoying (like the Crosby Stills Nash & Young song). It is better on an mp3 player where I can delete the songs I don't want.