Monday, May 08, 2006

What's wrong with Yahoo and Microsoft

PBS.ORG -- Still not sure why it's on pbs.org, but I think Cringely is a genius. Jeff Jones loaned me his book "Accidental Empires" a year or so ago and while wildly outdated, still an amazing read. I discovered that Cringely had a weekly column and when I moved, forgot to update my subscription, but remembered last week. I've been slowly trying to catch up on why it's Dell's fault Vista's been delayed and other really insightful thoughts that really takes someone who's lived it as long as Cringely to make the connections on. Today, he ponders why Microsoft is on the way down and Google's on the way up, taking the time along they way to point out why a Microsoft-Yahoo! deal does nothing to save either company. More...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"What's wrong with Yahoo and Microsoft"

One is out of touch with the times, the other is way out of touch with the times. Any reunion between the two would only pave the way for someone newer and better to wipe the floor with them (in my heart I'd like it to be Apple, but I'm realistic).