Monday, May 22, 2006

Just What I Needed


Turns out that was just what I needed. Some angry Melissa Ethridge, a longer than normal drive, and some great rain to drive in. My, oh my oh my, what a joy is it is to drive in the rain with a bunch of other competant drivers. I was able to get some decent speeds in, and push the
car hard. It handled remarkably well and cinched another question that's been bugging me for a few weeks.... For my next vehicle... mid-sized Chevy pickup, Chevy Trailblazer or a German/Japanese Sports Sedan? I'm now really leaning towards sticking to what I know... a four-door sedan, smooth and refined, which belies many unexpected horses under the hood. Which brings up a new question... do I stay black, or am I ready to be trusted with silver? I'm thinking I gotta go black for one more round, I'm not yet good enough a driver to be trusted with a silver car. If cars had brains, I wonder what the Intrepid would have thought, it's never had the chance to really have fun in the rain. I only made it twice around the pond once I
got here, but other than a brutal killer headache, my spirits have been well-lifted.

No comments: