Friday, July 04, 2014

The Sift (July 4, 2014)

Five things I've read recently that I wanted to share. Happy Independence Day to my American readers.

ENGADGET -- Facebook's company trip to Africa leads to more efficient Android app - this is awesome. I once took a group of my staff and peers to a Starbucks where we imagined how our website would be different if we worked at Starbucks.  As we sat around and drank coffee, it got us out of the office and made us think differently. I wish I had the opportunity to do more of those types of things - imagine what we'd think about if we were answering questions as we walked around Home Depot or Target.

A LIST APART -- Letter to a Junior Designer

NIELSEN NORMAN GROUP -- Define Stronger A/B Test Variations Through UX Research

GOOGLE CHROMIUM -- Web Fundamentals and Web Starter Kit: Resources for Modern Web Development - In retrospect, the questions isn't why Google decided to do this, but why it took them so long?

NIELSEN NORMAN GROUP -- Decision Making in the E-Commerce Shopping Cart: 4 Tips for Supporting Users

No comments: