Thursday, December 26, 2013

What Are We Listening To? (Christian Music)

Not a lot of change since January 2013. Despite a household moratorium on My Savior My God by Aaron Shust it only dropped two positions. That means we stil listened to it or we didn't listen to the other top songs much. New at number 9 is a song that I absolutely fell in love with, a version of "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" that starts with bagpipes and then transitions into modern praise band. You can't beat lyrics like "Death in vain forbid Him rise" but pair it with such a sweeping range of instruments... love.



1. In Christ Alone - Adrienne Liesching (with Geoff Moore) [1*]

2. Here With Us - Joy Williams [2]

3. Ancient Words - Michael W. Smith [3]

4. Keep The Candle Burning - Point of Grace [6]

5. My Savior My God - Aaron Shust [4]

6. You Are Holy (Prince of Peace) - Michael W. Smith [5]

7. Back Home - JJ Heller [10]

8. Dive - Steve Curtis Chapman [8]

9. Christ the Lord is Risen Today - Ashley Cleveland** [new]

10. In The Light - dcTalk [12]

11. Secret Ambition - Michael W. Smith [7]

12. Wonderful, Merciful Savior - Selah [11]

13. We Humble Ourselves - Paul Baloche [14]

14. Indescribable - Chris Tomlin [18]

15. Say The Words (Now) - dcTalk [15]

16. We - Joy Williams [16]

17. In Christ Alone - Newsboys [13]

18. Lord, I Life Your Name On High - SONICFLOOd [17]

19. Keep You Safe - JJ Heller [20]

20. The River - Brian Doerksen [19]

21. What Do I Know of Holy - Addison Road [22]

22. Can't Go On - Group 1 Crew** [23]

23. I Want To Know You - SONICFLOOd [24]

24. Live Out Loud - Steven Curtis Chapman [21]

25. Forever - Chris Tomlin [new]

* There's some confusion about the #1 spot - I have two copies of the number one song. By themselves they're at #5 and #12 but added together they are in the #1 position. Last year I didn't combine them and the year before it looks like I did. So I'm going to consider that a misprint in the last rankings.
** YouTube (all others are Amazon links)

No comments: