So last night I started on the homepage of MSNBC. And then Arab League threatens sanctions against Syria. So then I had to look up Syria on Google Maps.And then I wandered around the Middle East until I ended up in Tarsus in Turkey. And then I was puzzled by street names ending with the abbreviation "Cd" and "Sk"
So, off to Wikipedia and then it was all rabbit trails from there:
- Street Names
- Streets and Highways of Washington, DC
- Malbone Street Wreck - a subway crash in New York that claimed the lives of 93 people, thanks to a train going to fast with an inexperienced scab driver on a brand new tunnel
- Circus - a bigtop misdirect, thanks Wikipedia
- Drake Circus Shopping Centre
- Charles Church - the shell of a very old church, bombed in 1941
And then just like that, more than 30 minutes was gone. Reminds me of this NSFW xkcd.
Never did figure out what CD or SK meant.