Monday, July 18, 2011

#trust30: Change Your Thinking


Change Your Thinking by Maryellen Smith



“If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson



At any given point in time, you’re only one thought away from changing your thinking. What thought can you change today? (Author: Maryellen Smith)
I'm a little confused by this question, to be honest.  But I still think I have a good answer.  I am thinking about the idea that I am an introvert, I was created an introvert, an introvert I will always be.  On one hand, that's who I am.  On the other hand, the world doesn't reward those who keep to themselves.  Or at least the business world does not.  If I want to succeed, I must push myself, I must go beyond my comfort zone.  I must, really, consider my default state to be somewhat of a handicap and so to be successful, I must work harder than someone for whom this comes easy.  Fair?  No.  But it's the world I want to play in.

No comments: