Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our Own Peter Warski

So we've all done it, ran a Google search on our own name.  Once upon a time, all searches were created equal.  When I searched for my name, it was the same as when you searched for my name.  Nowadays, there's no such thing as a single set of results.  So my search for James Lamb does bring me up in a lot of the top results.  But there are others with my name or a name close to mine, like a now-deceased author of dog training books and a man in California who's been in the news a lot struggling to find a home after serving time for doing unpleasant things.   Even my online persona TV James (or tvjames - it's never been settled) is sometimes up for debate.  There's a guy with an email address similar to my gmail address, as near as I can tell, scams women with offers of a free makeover on a TV show.  Dumb women.  Women who mistake my email address for his and send photos of themselves.  And some guy whose last name is James and whose first name is Thomas and middle name starts with a V.  He's got to hate me - even his mom emails me on my Yahoo account.

So I heard today of my friend Peter Warski was a little bummed that when you search for him, one of the results is from our friend Lindsey Talerico talking about Peter.  I thought it sounded like fun.  I'm not sure what the goal is, but I guess it's to either get onto Peter's search results or better yet, get Peter Warski to appear on Lindsey-Talerico-Hedren's Google search results.  Yeah, that would be pretty funny, wouldn't it, Peter?

No comments: