Sunday, April 10, 2011

Belief Systems


The other day I was daydreaming about the next time a pollster came to the door, engaging them and acting crazy and inconsistent and wasting a bunch of their time and then turning the sprinklers on them as they left.  Then I realized that (a) wasn't nice and (b) I'd have to run after them with the hose because we don't have sprinklers set to go, let alone ones so poorly aimed they'd drench anyone who was walking along the path/drive.

There are things that are truth and there are things that are simply belief.  And it comes to politics, there are no absolutes.  I have my beliefs, you have yours. So two scenarios present:

1. We agree.  So no need to talk about it.

2. We disagree.  I don't like confrontation/debate and am not interested in engaging you.  So no need to talk about it.

No comments: