Friday, January 02, 2009

I Got What I Wanted

Well, I had wanted snow. And I got it. And now, again this morning, I got it again. Though after the last bout, not as sure I want it. Accuweather failed me, didn't really suggest we'd have much. But I already shoveled an inch or so off of the driveway, sidewalk and street in front of my house. (Steep hill, doesn't get plowed, dangerous, jerks on sleds out at all hours cursing and being loud despite the sledding park half a block away.) Am trying an experiment this time... after I shoveled the driveway, I laid down two tarps. Doesn't come close to covering the entire driveway, but if it works, will keep the area closest to the garage clear of snow and compact ice.. just shovel off the top layer and then peel back the tarp. If it doesn't work, it will freeze, become brittle, break and I'll be left with lots of pieces of blue tarp to pick out of my lawn this spring. Which my HOA will hate since we're not supposed to have tarps visible covering anything.

My new cube has a window and it's on the second floor so I can see the tops of trees right outside my window. They look very cool covered in snow, but I didn't bring my camera, so can't snap a shot.

No comments: