Sunday, October 26, 2008

Two Things That Ought To Be Good But Aren't

Airborne Carmel Apple Chews - I like Airborne. I think it helps me to recover from colds sooner. The last time I had a cold, I had those lemon-lime ones you had to disolve. (Sierra Mist Free worked well for that.) This time, I saw the chews. Slightly less expensive and certainly more convenient. The product fails because it's the shape of those caramel squares mom used to buy as a kid. But instead, you get this waxy block of blech. And you chew and chew and chew for what seems like forever. They do have other chew flavors.

Pringles Restaurant Cravers Onion Blossom - I guess they're supposed to remind you of a Bloomin' Onion or something.  Either they fail miserably, or they put the wrong chips in the container.  These taste mostly of mustard.  If you like foods with a little kick that make you wince, these would be great with a large coke with ice in a chilled glass. 

I think both products fail because they set your expectations really high by making you draw on past experience as a starting point and then really underdeliver.

No comments: