Sunday, October 26, 2008

Architecture as Special Effects

Most of you know that I have a hobby-level interest architecture.  Here's a TED talk that I watched tonight about architecture.  The very first thing they did with fog was weird, but the stuff after it was really cool.  My limited knowledge had previously just thought of architecture as a good looking building.  And good architecture as a really good livable/workable environment that respected the environment (trees or city or houses) in which it was situated.  This video just blew my mind with the concept of of architecture as "framing" or "allowing" or "denying."



Not quite clear on what "lenticular glass" was, I searched on Google. The results immediately came back with information on the building she was talking about.

No comments: