Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Plumbing Leak

The other morning Rachel noticed water on the floor in the laundry room in front of the washing machine. I looked up and saw a small wet spot in the ceiling about the size of a half dollar.

I pressed at it and it was definitely wet.  I cut a small hole and found the center of the hole was a screw holding the drywall. I cut until all of the wet drywall was removed. The beam was wet and I'm sure the insulation will also be wet.

Through trial and error, I narrowed it down to the master bathroom toilet. Yes, the master bathroom, the one we had to bring down to the studs, replacing the shower, subfloor, reinforce the joists and replace the insulation and drywall underneath. Guess I can at least be glad I hadn't gotten around to repainting it - it's a pain, it's up 12 feet.

So, we have someone coming today to see if the leak can be stopped quickly or if we have a bigger problem on our hands.

Sigh. Will we ever get a break?


No comments: