Monday, April 22, 2013

Find Your Audience (A Work-Related Post)

This is pretty smart.  Truth be told, I don't go to Starbucks a lot because when I go, I want to be able to kick back in the cafe* to drink my coffee.  Sometimes I'll pop away from work, drop in and get one to go.  But this is the rarest of experiences of all - getting my coffee at a drive-through without even going inside.  Sad.

This is near my house - to my left, the order wall.  Ahead, the pickup window.  This is the back side of a small strip mall with restaurants, Kindercare, Walgreens, Great Clips, tanning salons, etc.  Up ahead is the service door to a Teriyaki restaurant, upon which they've placed a large, full-color "call ahead for pickup" menu.  This is an awesome way to get in front of potential customers when they have time to kill.  Smart.
  

*I refuse to call it a "restaurant" or "store." That cheapens it.  

No comments: