Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Meanwhile...

In a different place, separated from the first only by the dimension of time, a few hours to be imprecise, I'm somewhat happy. I got to spend time playing with Ben and Rachel, got to hang out with Lori and rode the exercise bike. So I feel a little better. And truth be told, I did get some good chores done tonight. And today I resisted cookies and brownies and candy and doughnuts. And my lunch even came with a cookie and the first thing I did when I opened my lunch was remove the cookie and carry it across the room and put it on the tray with the doughnuts for someone else to take. You'd think it'd be killing me, but Lori's also made cupcakes for Rachel for school tomorrow. But there will always be more cupcakes and I know these particular ones are off-limits, so I'm quite content to enjoy the smell and leave it at that.

No comments: