Friday, August 25, 2006

It's the Smell

I saw Starbucks coffee in one of those take-it boxes on the counter in the conference room across the hall from me and I smiled. That kind of Starbucks is ok while on the diet because it's just coffee. It's not got all the fancy stuff in it that's sugary and syrupy. I twisted off the plastic cap and it hit me. It's the smell. That's why I like Starbucks. As soon as the cap was off, I smelled that same smell that I smell every time I step into a Starbucks. That smell has become embedded in my brain as the smell of something good. Because when I get to go to Starbucks, it's a treat. An interesting little self-realization there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny, the smell of coffee makes me gag. Just being in the same room with a brewing pot of Joe makes my mouth taste sour.

Note the revised screen name. I don't want the school kids googling me, so I am now using the Cyrillic/Russian spelling of my last name. I know, it'll take Google a week or so to get caught up, but it's a start.