Tuesday, April 30, 2002

This is probably pretty big news in the media world, though you or I might not care a lot about it. But I feel it needs to be mentioned. Bernie Ebbers, president of MCI WorldCom resigned. While most of us really haven't heard much (if anything) about Ebbers, he build MCI WorldCom into a big player by buying more than 60 other companies.

I've written about Brightmail before. I'm a big fan. They do a lot to curb spam. Of course, I still get spam-to-legit ratios of about 4-1 in my Earthlink account, but what doesn't make it into my box (Earthlink gives you access to a special area where it's stored, just in case a legitimate email gets caught) is amazing. And if you've sensed that spam is getting worse, you're right. Check out the stats in this article.

Learn from our elders? Seniors are declaring bankruptcy at a higher rate than any other age group.

Oh, boo hoo. Newspapers want exemption from the do-not-call laws.

No comments: