Sunday, January 12, 2020

Church Notes

I take notes in little notebooks.  From time-to-time, I like to go back and re-read my notes.  I would like to start digitizing some of those notes.  So I'll be doing little posts like this from time to time.  Some of these will have lost context over time.  This isn't the totality of my notes, but just selected bits. 

1/7/2018

Prodigal son - we don't know what he spent the money on, it's his brother (the older son) who mentions prostitutes.

Inheritance - the dad might have been foolish by granting the son's request.

"Father, use me as a hired hand" - reminds his dad that he's family and asks for a job (more money). Speech also echoes Pharaoh's speech to Moses.

1/7/2018

Gap - between what we know and how we live.

There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between those who proclaim to be Christians and those who proclaim not to be Christians -- and the world notices.

1/14/2018

"Let me see how you sing and pray and I will tell you what your theology is."

"Insight is not a muscle."

What do you do "religiously" for religious purposes?

Do you have a "spiritual agenda" (for yourself)? Prayer, study, family life, fellowship, health, financials, community.

1/14/2018

People who claim to love Jesus can't help but live differently.

When we do things for man's approval, God doesn't pay attention (know your audience).  (Probably not quite Biblical?)

Humility - "not you" at the center

1/21/2018

There is no scarcity in the fullness of God.


No comments: