Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Update

It seems like all my updates recently have been about Ben or about the new kitten. So here's one that includes both of them. But first, here's me with a beard. (Well, it's a reflection of a reflection or something which is why there's two iPhones and three hands in the shot.)



And now, the real reason you came: Ben's been aware of the kitten but he hasn't seemed all that interested in it. That's a given, we didn't expect he would. But we've been impressed at how well the kitten has done around him. We thought the kitten would be scared of this crazy, zany little boy who's always in motion. But he hasn't been, even to go so far as to lay under the little trampoline while Ben's using it. And I don't just mean once on accident, but repeatedly. Anyhow, tonight we were finishing up dinner and I gave him his nightly prescription and then asked him to say goodnight to his sister. So he went over to her and wrapped his arms around her a pretty typical goodnight. 

Anyhow, after that, I asked him to say goodnight to the kitten. I wasn't sure what would happen, but I took the toy out of his hand just in case. So he walks over to the kitten, lifts him up around the midsection and kisses him twice on the back. I was a little bit surprised and I think the kitten was too. I quickly got the kitten out of his hands and placed it back on the floor (I don't think Ben hurt him at all) and then came over to me and started saying "Not in the mouth. Not in the mouth." Guessing the kitten fur wasn't what he was expecting.

This from the boy who begged for spoonfuls of ground cumin and garlic and then after getting them, asked for more.

No comments: