Sunday, December 27, 2009

What Are We Listening To? (2009 Edition)

So I thought it would be interesting to see what iTunes about our combined listening habits.  It is indeed an interesting mix.  To get these results, I created two rather simple Smart Playlists just to get me the stats.  In some ways, I may be under-represented because my playlists don't allow the same thing to play in a week or month (depending on the rating) of its last play while Lori has a much smaller playlist of her favorites, with no such restrictions on when something can play.

Our daughter also likes to hear the same things very often, hence the many Tarzan songs and Milli Vanilli's high ranking.  The audio clips are exclusive to my playlist and there is a small number of them total and the playlist is instructed to always keep 10 in my master playlist at all times, so that explains their high number of plays.

Results are the combined results of my iPod, the mostly-Lori's iPod touch, iTunes and our two RAZR phones that play iTunes.  Should be interesting to see what this looks like in a year.  I do predict that Lori's favorites will further dominate the rankings since the iPod touch was given to us later in the year and Lori didn't have a car adapter for it until October.  That and it holds a limited selection of songs.  This is probably the year where we switched to buying more singles on iTunes versus full CDs in disc form.

Anyhow, on with the rankings...

Top 50 - All Time 
(or since late 2006 when we finally added all our CDs to iTunes)

1. Trashin' the Camp - Phil Collins
2. Who Says You Can't Go Home - Bon Jovi featuring Jennifer Nettles
3. My Savior My God - Aaron Shust
4. Morning Has Broken - Various Artists
5. Can't Stop This Thing We Started - Bryan Adams
6. Audio Clip - Mystery Men
7. Girl You Know It's True - Milli Vanilli
8. Jingle Bells - Barenaked Ladies
9. The Cheap Seats - Alabama
10. Audio Clip - The Angry Beavers
11. Keep the Candle Burning - Point of Grace
12. Audio Clip - You've Got Mail
13. Audio Clip - Office Space
14. I Want to Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
15. Circle of Life - Carmen Twillie
16. I Can't Be Your Friend - D.H.T. featuring Edmee
17. Strangers Like Me - Phil Collins
18. I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
19. Audio Clip - Futurama
20. Deliver Us - Ofra Haza featuring Eden Riegel
21. Audio Clip - Men in Black
22. Rainbow Connection - Various Artists
23. In Christ Alone - Adrienne Liesching (with Geoff Moore)
24. You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
25. Free Your Mind - En Vogue
26. Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls
27. Angel Eyes - Jim Brickman
28. Heaven - Live
29. Secret Ambition - Michael W. Smith
30. Ancient Words - Michael W. Smith
31. You Are Holy - Michael W. Smith
32. Under the Sea - Samuel E. Wright
33. Trashin' the Camp - Phil Collins featuring *NSYNC)
34. Two Worlds - Phil Collins
35. Audio Clip - Mystery Men
36. Theme: The Flintstones
37. Lavender Blue - Various Artists
38. Danny Boy - Celtic Woman
39. Bonny Portmore - Loreena McKennitt
40. Two Worlds - Phil Collins
41. Wonderful, Merciful Savior - Selah
42. Audio Clip - The Angry Beavers
43. Born to Be My Baby - Bon Jovi
44. The Gorillas - Mark Mancina and Phil Collins
45. Two Worlds Reprise - Phil Collins
46. You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins
47. Angel - Sarah McLachlan
48. Audio Clip - Mystery Men
49. Manic Monday - The Bangles
50. Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin

Top 50 - Music Added to iTunes in the past year

1. Bonny Portmore - Loreena McKennitt
2. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
3. Waiting for My Rela Life to Begin - Colin Hay
4. Duke of Earl - Gene Chandler
5. The River - Brian Doerksen
6. Cupid - Sam Cooke
7. Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy
8. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
9. I Want it That Way - Backstreet Boys
10. Slow Me Down - Emmy Rossum
11. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
12. Push - Matchbox Twenty
13. We Humble Ourselves - Paul Baloche
14. Tearin' Up My Heart - *NSYNC
15. He Knows My Name - Tommy Walker
16. What Do I Know of Holy - Addison Road
17. I'm In a Hurry (and Don't Know Why) - Alabama
18. This Magic Moment - The Drifters
19. The Way You Do The Things You Do - UB40
20. Lonely - Akon
21. Remember When - Alan Jackson
22. Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
23. Angel - Shaggy & Rayvon
24. There She Goes - Sixpence None the Richer
25. Mickey - Toni Basil
26. My Maria - Brooks & Dunn
27. Little Darlin' - The Diamonds
28. Nothin' to Lose - Josh Gracin
29. Here With Us - Joy Williams
30. Behind Those Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson
31. Movie Clip - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
32. If My People - Promise Keepers
33. Goodbye to You - Scandal
34. The Lion Sleeps Tonight - The Tokens
35. Red Red Wine - UB40
36. White & Nerdy - Wierd Al Yankovic
37. You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - Dead of Alive
38. There Will Come a Day - Faith Hill
39. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
40. I'm Not Ashamed - Newsboys
41. The Road I Must Travel - The Nightwatchman
42. No One Else on Earth - Wynonna Judd
43. It's My Life - Bon Jovi
44. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
45. Hard to Say I'm Sorry / Get Away - Chicago
46. Will You Still Love Me? - Chicago
47. He's a Rebel - The Crystals
48. Riverie - Don Wyrtzen
49. What Is Love - Haddaway
50. Down Under - Men at Work