Monday, January 28, 2008

Not Quite Getting It: US Postal Service

Sometimes I just don't understand how something so simple becomes so complicated. Submitted on the USPS.com website...
Suggestion: Would be nice to be able to renew P.O. Boxes online. (I've misplaced my form which means I have to go stand in line on Saturday. Not so much fun.)

I don't need a reply back. Thank you!
They respond... at 7:30 am on a Sunday. (They won't bring me mail on a Sunday but they're paying someone to respond to emails on Sundays?)
Response (Ethel G) 01/27/2008 07:37 AM
DearJames Lamb,

Thank you for contacting us regarding in the future to renew po boxes online..

I have sent this information to your local Post Office™ for immediate attention. If you need to contact me again regarding this issue, please refer to the following confirmation number, CV35921326.

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for choosing the United States Postal Service®.

Regards,

Denise G.
As if that wasn't enough, someone also called today. They were surprised to have gotten voicemail, based on their "Oh. (laugh) Uh..." start to their voicemail. It sounded to me like it was someone here at the local post office. (A local post officer?)

No comments: