Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Back On Track

I'm starting to get back on track. Back-to-back out-of-town weekends threw the already precarious James ecosystem out of whack. My recent 15 minutes of fame didn't help either.

As a result, if there's something I can be behind in, I'm behind in it. Gmail says my unread mail is in the "hundreds." Chores have backed up. Rachel's playset still sits in pieces in the back yard. There's clutter where there shouldn't be. And tree pitch continues to slowly eat away at the paint on my car and make it difficult to use one of the mirrors. And there is still the church website to start maintaining, a Prayer & Praise day to plan. And work... don't even get my start at work.

But, there's hope. For the first time in a long time, I woke up early. I tried to go back to sleep, but no such luck. So, I got up and rode the exercise bike. I got my Google Reader feeds all caught up. And I have 10 minutes before I need to get out the door.

I feel good.

3 comments:

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Woo. 15 fewer emails. Kevin and Allison, you've got mail. Sorry, I started with the newest. So Nathe, I still owe you email. And I still need to work on YLOA.

Funny quotes... "You can tell who's swimming naked when the tide goes out." and "Don't change the process for the moron."

James Lamb / tvjames said...

And on time to work. Woo!

James said...

And on time to work. Woo!