Monday, March 12, 2007

The Experience Economy

I finished The Experience Economy last night. It's a really interesting book and I'm wrestling to try to understand how it applies. I know, though, that others have read this book by some of the terms I hear around the office. And one or both of my bosses have expressed interest in reading it as well. One thing about The Experience Economy was rather interesting. You know how Forrest Gump is a bunch of flashbacks and then near the end all of the sudden it switches to the present tense and starts moving forward? Near the end of TEE, they seem to realize that the "experience" economy really isn't the end game, but that there's one penultimate and final economy above experience -- transformation. It is good, though, because most people aren't yet to experience, so they need all of the stuff in the book about experience before they can move on to transformation. And transformation is good stuff. I can totally relate. Exciting stuff.

No comments: