Thursday, December 06, 2001

Let me just start by saying the people at KPMG are a bunch of buttmunches. A bunch of their people were hired to help with a project I worked at that was supposed to be the next greatest thing on the internet. Now it's just another joke that comes right after the phrase "failures like pathfinder and". Anyhow, they're annoyed when people link to their site without permission. Buttmunches.

American Greetings... the SprintPCS of greeting card companies... the AOL of greeting card companies... the KPMG's of greeting card companies... they're now charging you to send e-greetings. And they're buying their competition, like Blue Mountain Arts. Buttmunches. There will always be others offering free e-greetings, but for them to charge is just lame.

Speaking of e-cards, the Postal Service is predicting no drop in mailing this season compared to past seasons. Good for them. I love their commercials, hate standing in line at their branches.

Speaking of mail, here's a company that uses automated systems to open your mail, scan it and email it to you as a PDF. I think this rules. I would do it, if it were affordable.

WebRing is once again independent. But will it survive? I thought this was a pretty cool story on Salon.

Gerald Levin is leaving AOL Time Warner. I'm going to die of not surprise. Next, I predict that the name "Time Warner" will be mentioned less and less often until it's just "AOL". I could be wrong, but I might not be.

Should DirecTV and EchoStar be allowed to merge? Hell no! I wish GM weren't selling Hughes because I don't want an inferior company (EchoStar) to own a better company (DirecTV). Buttmunches.

This is funny... put your name on a stadium, go out of business. Southwest Airlines rules.

I predicted this... Microsoft has offered to back two different bids for AT&T's broadband system, to keep it out of AOL's hands.

Cool stuff... aka my wish list....

Have fun.


No comments: